Sunday, April 17, 2011

Riding in Cars with... Carrots?

The other day I was headed home from work when I stepped on the second train of my evening commute... instantly I knew something was wrong with the car, but it took me a second to get over the initial smell to realize that the floor was all wrong.  Instead of the lovely carpeting covered in gum globs and suspicious stains - I stepped on to this:

Yes - I was enthralled enough that I took a picture.  If you were a DC Metro user, you'd be enthralled too. Well. Maybe not. Still - it was 6:30 on a Friday night and I was. So sue me.
There was a noticeable odor, but I attributed it to this new and slightly out-of-this world floor.  
I was minding my own business and doing my best to avoid any and all eye contact (an important skill developed by all DC residents) by staring at my lap like it was going to do circus tricks to keep me entertained, when I noticed that my pants were almost the same pattern as the floor. Like camouflage for insipid work outfits!  So I took another picture - because, yes, I'm easily entertained by the small things.

When I went back to look at the picture on my phone (another good way to look busy and avoid eye contact) I noticed something in the first picture that I took.
What... is... that?  I looked up at the car to see if it was still there.  And... it was.  

Someone lost their lunch.  I would have preferred to have gone on innocently assuming this sweet new starry floor smelled a little because it was still new.  But no.  Instead I realized I was on a moving train with a pile of puke that looked suspiciously like pureed carrots.  
Add that to my list of reasons not to eat my veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment