Tuesday, August 18, 2020

August

Gosh I love August. 

I love the hazy air where sunlight meets the morning.

I love the buzz of a hummingbird at the feeder.

I love the colors bursting forth from every nook and cranny in people's yards - flowers both planted and wild.

I love the earnestness of the bees and bugs flying from flower to flower, desperate for a sip of every variety.

I love the long inhales of fresh, Lake Michigan air filling our noses and lungs.

I love the butterflies flitting about without a care in the world. 

I love flip flops and the ease of walking outside. 

I love the sounds of children playing through open windows.

I love early mornings and late sunsets that make the days feel like they could last forever.

I love sleeping with open windows and hearing an owl hooting through the darkness through the haze of sleep.

I love driving with the windows down and a hand out the window feeling the sun and the wind and the perfection that is Northern Michigan in August.

I love when the bay reaches the perfect temperature and evenings are spent floating around on inner tubes and riding waves.

I love hats and sunglasses and the feeling of the sun on cool skin in the morning and warm skin in the afternoon.

I love bike rides and stroller rides and wagon rides and anything that gets us outside and moving and breathing fresh air. 

I love the feel of sunscreen-slathered skin and sandy feet that follows a day spent outside.

I love the water toys strewn about to be easily snatched up on the way to the water.

I love the sun on green leaves and the lazy dance of trees in an August breeze.

I love the fruits and vegetables and filling our bellies with fresh, colorful food.

I love dozing in the shade listening to cicadas.

I love the promise of life and greenery and warmth.

And I just love... August.



No comments:

Post a Comment